Saffron is the most expensive spice, due to the cost involved in harvesting it from the purple Crocus sativus, or the "saffron crocus." More than 150,000 flowers and 400 hours of labor yield only one Kilogram. of saffron. The taste is bittersweet and sharp so very little is required in saffron recipes, and it's available in dried, ground or crushed forms. Here are some ideas for how to use saffron.
- Buy saffron seasonings from a reputable dealer. Powdered saffron may have other things added to it, so unless you know it's 100 percent saffron, stick to the whole threads. They should have a bright red or deep orange color if they are a high quality product. Saffron is quite expensive, so if you are paying a discount price, expect that it probably isn't a very good quality.
- Crush and soak the saffron threads in hot liquid for about 15 minutes, and then add the liquid to your recipe. It needs moisture to re-hydrate, release its full flavor and dispense its vibrant color. Soaking it in stock or wine will add an extra layer of flavor to the dish you are preparing. Powdered saffron doesn't require soaking, and it's more concentrated, so use less. Add flavor and color to rice, noodles, soups and cookies. You can also obtain an egg rich color to your baked goods by adding a small amount of saffron.
- Think of using saffron seasoning with almond, apple, cheese and most grain dishes. It also goes well with other spices, such as cinnamon, rosemary and thyme. The main thing to consider when using saffron with other spices is that they may overpower its unique flavor. You may want to avoid using chile pepper or turmeric in the same dish with saffron for that reason.
- It's a commonly used spice in Arabic, Indian and Mediterranean cooking and is especially good with fish and seafood. Try some traditional saffron recipes, such as Spanish paella and French bouillabaisse.
- Consider the other uses of saffron in the past. It's so expensive now most people wouldn't consider using it as a fragrance for their homes and baths as the Romans did. During the middle ages, it was used to treat menstrual pain, uterine bleeding and to induce menstruation which could lead to the abortion of a fetus. For this reason, pregnant women should not consume any more than a culinary amount of saffron.
- It's still used by Chinese herbalists for the treatment of abdominal pain, and it continues to be considered for its capabilities to lower blood pressure.
- Make some tea by boiling 4 cups of water and adding a pinch of saffron and sugar to taste or try a recipe for Saffron Tea.
Halle / Stand
Afghanistan Safran UnternehmenHerat Saffron ™ ist der Markentitel Afghanistan Safran Company (ARG), durch Rahmati Brüder im Jahr 2006 gegründet ARG ist der Gewinner des "Afghanistan Bester Exporteur 2012 und 2013" der Afghanistan-und Handelskammer Industrie (ACCI).
ARG hat sich auf Marketing und die Förderung hochwertigen Safrans aus Herat konzentriert, sowohl in der Masse und Kleinpakete. Die Marke Herat Saffron TM wird häufig international vermarktet.
Afghanistan Safran Company ist ein AZ onestop Shop für alle Safran dazugehörigen Dienstleistungen wie Beratung, landwirtschaftliche Technik, ökologischer Landbau, Produktverbesserung, Verarbeitung, Verpackung und Handel. Das Unternehmen ist für wettbewerbsfähige Preise und zuverlässige und schnelle weltweite Lieferung bekannt.
Halle / Stand
Ihre Nachricht wurde erfolgreich versendet.